Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why I am not angry about this woman and parents like her.

I got a take on this and it would not be popular so I figured I would post it here as opposed to any of my internet communities.

Another parent has taken the lives of their own children. Shequan Duley A woman by the name of Susan Smith was the first person that comes to mind when thinking of parents drowning their own flesh and blood children.

I remember being sad for the kids and condeming this woman then.  Now, with this latest mother, Shequan, I don't feel the same anger and sadness.

I am sadened but beneath that I got to wonder if maybe these children aren't better off dead as opposed to living with these psychotic parents. Not all crazy parents kill their kids.

In this world, unless blood runs or something gets blown up we tend to ignore...well...everything. I mean, look at Jeffrey Dahmer. He didn't live in a secluded home. He lived in an apartment. There was a neighbor under him. His neighbors admitted to hearing cries, and fights, and the smell of something rotting in his place. They called the Health Dept and still it would be a while before anyone would stop him.  The police didn't particularly investigate crime in the area. The police even brought one of his victims, a 14 year old boy, back to him after he escaped. It was only after the second victim escaped AND was brought back to him that his crimes were discovered.

We tend to look away in this world.  We tend to not want to know what goes on behind the doors of our so called friends and neighbors. I believe partly because it is so hard to get justice nowadays.

Innocent until proven guilty.  I believe in that. I'd defend it with the last drop of my life force. But that shouldn't mean that you can LIE to save yourself either. If you are guilty you should just fess up. But that is a post for another day.

What I want to talk about are these babies. Everyone wants to say she should have left them with her mother, or at a church, or put them up for adoption. *deep frown* But when women walk away from their parental responsibilities people condemn them for that, too.

And all of those solutions can mess up a person, too.

*head scratch* I'm not condoning what she did in any way, shape or form. I'm just not angry anymore. I'm sad it came to this *pause* but maybe, just maybe it is for the best. There are two less angry black men in the world. Two less angry people in the world. Angry because their mother was crazy behind closed doors and no one knows it but them. No one would believe it but them.  Not when she is such a sweet and kindly church going young lady and no one can find a bad thing to say about her or her family.  How do you convince the world that your mom is a psycho when the wounds she leaves are all on the inside? Maybe it is just that she don't love you and can't show you love. That is not a crime by the laws of the USA but it is a crime against mankind. An unloved child often times grows into a monster. Bullies, dictators, serial killers, psychotics, etc.

Maybe, just maybe, she saved some lives that didn't even know they needed saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment