Sunday, February 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

I’ve been stopping by my old online stomping ground. The guy who runs the site is really talented. Love his cartoons. Anyway, they got hacked! Again! Geez, I wonder who they told to die this time. You gotta be real careful nowadays. Everyone’s fuses are so short. You never know who you are talking to online and what they are really capable of doing to you. So keep it civil folks. Just ignore them and they’ll go away. I know it worked for me. *chuckle*

I mean it’s not like elementary school. When the kids in the playground didn’t want to play with you then you were screwed cuz you couldn’t go anywhere else. This is the internet. If the kids at one playground don’t wanna play with you then you find a new playground. It’s really so simple…to sane people. Oh well, I hope he gets his site back up and running.

I been online most of the weekend at my new online stomping ground, Balleralert.com, listening to everyone else snowed in. One of the topics of discussion is: We are too hard on men sometimes!!! My answer is no. I didn’t even bother to join in the discussion. The letter is really crazy to me. The author of this open letter seems to think that we should be patting black men on the head for doing what men of other skin colors do just becuz they know that is their role. I guess black men aren’t supposed to have any roles in life except sperm donors. *shrug* Whatever floats this sister’s boat. If indeed it was even written by a sister or even a woman. I got my doubts. Open Letter: We are too hard on men sometimes!!!!

My new neighbor has been nothing but a source of amusement since yesterday. He is trying to get his girl out. *LMBO* That’s what he gets for using a chick for her vehicle. Now she won’t go home. I’d post pictures if it wouldn’t require me getting dressed and bundling up and going out to take said pictures. But he dug a path yesterday all the way to her car. She’s still here lmbo. This morning as he was going out to clear more snow I heard him tell her that she can go today. Her reply? “No.” And she shut his door. *LMBO*

Why can I hear Jennifer Holiday singing And I’m telling you, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII’m not going! Oh mercy! I guess that’s what he gets for getting snowed in with a chick he didn’t love or even like apparently. As long as they keep the drama over there it should be all good. Cuz had the guy I had been laid up with all weekend tell me to get out you best believe I would get to stepping. And I wouldn’t be back. Chalk it up to the game and keep it moving. Never had that happen to me though. I guess being discerning has its rewards.

My friends say I’m picky. Whatever. I’ve never had an STD, never been ordered out of what I thought was my man’s house, and I’ve never had my butt beat by the other woman. Never had my car stolen by my boyfriend. Never had my exes outside my door at 2 am getting ready to fight each other. And the neighbors ready to call the po po. Never opened my man’s trunk to find an industrial size box of condoms that’s half empty and we don’t use condoms *lol* and his response to my question is I should be glad he loves me enough to use condoms. My personal favorite : NEVER HAD A GUY SEND ME HOME VIA PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AFTER SEX. *laugh till I choke*

Yeah, there are a lot of nevers I can throw out there. *chuckling* Love watching drama but I don’t like being involved in it. Especially not publicly.

TPL stopped talking to me for a minute last week becuz I said his kids are spoiled. *shrug* They are. But you cannot tell people bad things about their kids nowadays. As far as I can tell, most people who have kids think that their child(ren) is/are the most special since Jesus. Telling them their child is doing something wrong even when its staring them in the face can make you unpopular real quick. Whatever.

He’s the one who tells me these stories. Lol Every time his daughter gets mad with him she stops answering his calls on the cell he bought and pays for. *LMBO*

I wish I’d have tried some mess like that when I was a child in my mother’s home. Shoot, I still remember the day I called myself getting mad with my mother and telling her that I wasn’t speaking to her anymore. You know that woman put me out her house. Evidently God didn’t like it either cuz a thunder storm started. It poured buckets of water that afternoon. I stood out there for a while, too. We had a covered porch but eventually I came to my senses around dinner time lol.

We didn’t have cell phones back then but had we I know without a doubt if I didn’t wanna talk to my mother who is paying my cell bill then said cell would have been turned off. And who knows when it would have been turned on again. *smh* But his kids ain’t spoiled at all. *LOL* I don’t have enough energy to type out all the spoiled child stories but I will tell this one.

His kids compile a list of what they want on their birthdays and Christmas. For his son’s birthday one year they got him everything on his list but one thing. It was accidentally overlooked. Both his parents apologized (why I don’t know) and TPL promised he would buy it on his next payday. Now this child raked in almost a grand in cash and then he got toys and clothes. Do you know this boy sat and pouted and gave attitude at his birthday party becuz they forgot that one thing? *side eye over rims of glasses*

When I shook my head and said spoiled TPL’s response was: “Well, to be fair, on his list he wrote beside it that if you don’t get me anything else make sure you get this one thing.” Yeah but the oversight was explained and he ALL his other presents. He could wait and he should have been gracious to the other guests at his party who brought him gifts. But hey, he ain’t spoiled. *smh*

Everyone tells me I would feel differently if I had had kids. Thank you God for Your infinite wisdom in not letting me ever get pregnant. Sissy and my GFN are still trying to talk me into having a late life child. I keep looking at them like they are crazy. Christmas I said it again “I am 42 that ship has sailed.” Sissy of course came back with that’s how old our mother was when I was born. Me and my mother are two different people and times are different. Besides, I made a promise to my unborn kids that I wouldn’t have kids just for the sake of having kids no matter how bad I wanted them. If I could not find a man who wanted to commit to me and a life together and then commit to raising a family then I wasn’t having kids. It didn’t happen. Still waiting to be sad about it.

I imagine I will be one day. Especially as I get older and my friends become grandparents. But for now, I’m cool and my friends are enjoying the fact that I have no kids and can travel. *chuckle* Trying to get a Mardi Gras trip together for next year. I just don’t know if me traveling to a state that has drive thru daiquiri joints is a good idea. *chuckle* I do not believe I will be able to stay off the news. I’ll keep ya posted.

Other than that, life is blessed as always.

Stay warm and safe and dry folks! Go Saints!!!!! (I don’t do football but Bmore is beefing with the Colts and I be from Bmore lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment