Sunday, November 29, 2009

And this is how it ends...

Well, I did what I said I would not do.

I dropped My Obsession an email. And he didn’t respond. *sigh* So it’s official. I have been brushed off.

I am sitting here trying to figure out how I feel about it. I guess I am a little sad. But otherwise, I feel fine. *shrug* I wasn’t in love or anything. I just ain’t falling in love with a picture I met online. I just don’t see it happening. But I did like the guy. So I lost an e-buddy. I guess since I’ve been chatting with him less than six months I didn’t have too much invested in this e-relationship. So, it’s not that hard to let go.

Last night after I got finished my last post I was quite toasted (somewhere between tipsy and drunk). It was either the email or the phone call. The email I could control. A phone call I could not control so I settled for the lesser of the two evils. *lqtms*

I didn’t rant or rave or get sappy. At least I don’t think so. And I laid out what I could handle right now. Then I laid back in my bed and waited for a reply and almost promptly fell asleep. Slept like a baby, too, all the way thru the night.

I woke up Sunday morning around 8:30 am and saw he had not replied and thought to myself “Well smooches to you then, babe.” He’s a night owl who is pretty prompt in responding to my emails. So that pretty much settled it for me right there.

Now if I can just fight this urge to call him for the next couple of weeks I’ll be fine. *chuckle*

I wasn’t in love with him or anything. Yes, I really looked forward to his emails. I even set up my email account to text my cell when I got a message from him. But I get plenty of texts from my offline family and friends. All weekend when my cell went off I kept looking down expecting it to be him and it wasn’t. So there will be a readjustment period. But I know me well enough to know I just need to get through 2 weeks. By my birthday I should be good again. I am heading to New York to celebrate so by the time I get back I should be good.

But at least I have learned that the next time I find an online obsession to just lay down the rules and if he is willing to abide by them then make him stick to them. No waffling back and forth. That was wasted energy and time on both our parts.

No, hard feelings in the least and I wish him the best.

*tips water bottle at the monitor*

No comments:

Post a Comment