Thursday, September 7, 2017

I gotta crow somewhere!

So, I’ve been on a positive self-improvement path for the past few years and it has been an amazingly wonderful and success-FILLED ride.

I set these goals for myself and I haven’t reached the ultimate goals. I kinda set really big goals and I am trying to figure out how to set smaller goals so I can see that I am moving forward faster than I thought or imagined.

One of those goals was to slim down 100 pounds in a year. I set that goal March 2016.  Well I dropped 25 pounds in that time and kept it off.  I was satisfied with the start and just kept working on all the areas where I had set such lofty goals for myself hoping that it would continue when my body was ready.

Well for the past few months people kept telling me I was looking smaller and I was just thinking that they hadn’t seen me in a while.  The last 90-120 days had been crazy because I was filling in for an open position in my dept.  It was such a crazy time that I didn’t have time to update my food diary let alone weigh myself.

Yesterday I finally realized that I’ve really gotten slimmer because all my clothing is falling off me.  Even my pants without elastic in them are hanging onto my hips by a prayer. LOL Heaven help me if I put keys or too much change in my pockets and then I’m constantly pulling them up and readjusting them.  My skirts need more than just a pin to stay up!

I bought this fanny pack a few years ago and had to get a waist extender.  Today I took the extender off because the fanny pack keeps slipping down my hips.

Last evening, after eating mind you, I weighed myself.  I’ve lost another 30 pounds!!!!!!  I am now 55 pounds slimmer!  I am now below 300 pounds for the first time since my 20s!!!!!!

I am just glowing and happy and everything just gets better for me.  I’m not a multi-millionaire author yet but I get a royalty check every month and, I’m starting to save them now.  I got 3 raises on my job within the last 365 days.  Family we lost touch with have gotten back in touch.  The boss who I called The Princess was asked to leave and her last day here is fast approaching.  There have been some downs too but the ups are so plentiful and wonderful to me that I can shrug everything else away easily.

All that to say, I AM IN A GREAT PLACE!!!!!

It feels good to be able to post/say it somewhere.  A lot of the people in my groups are suffering right now.  Saying how great I’m doing when they’re hanging on by their finger tips seems insensitive to me.  So I just sit here glowing and grinning quietly.  I just felt the need to crow somewhere.

*sits here glowing happily*



No comments:

Post a Comment