Thursday, March 13, 2008

I am just too tickled with me!

And I am too!

This morning as I passed through another department to get to my cubicle in my own department I was pulled into the office of that department's Director to offer me any of the 3 job openings that were available along with the job descriptions and salary for each position.

WOW!

WOW!

And, yes, WOWWWWWWWWWWWW!

First, and foremost, I am truly flattered that another department notices my work so much that they would offer me a job is just AMAZING to me. I know I have said I am bored but I do not let my work suffer because I am in a personal funk. If I feel I can't do my job on any given day then I take a "I am sick of my job" day and call out. To date, I have 32 sick days saved over the last five years. I don't have a lot of those type days. That's how I know my boredom is personal.

Anyway, I digress. I love saying that Back to the job offer. Its a great opportunity...but again...I would be under the direction of another woman...

The director who offered the position to me isn't the problem. Its the director's boss that might be the problem. Everyone seems to think the woman is crazy. She may be for all I know. But then I have worked for people who everyone swore was crazy and we got along just fine. Then I have worked for a couple loons too.

I have always made it a point of sitting down with my new boss and finding out what the heck they want from me, when, where, and how. That way if there are any misunderstandings down the road I can refer back to our first conversation and see what has changed. What did I miss and how to correct the problem and get back on track with my boss. That works for normal people. With the loons that I worked for...they didn't follow any particular track. They'd jump from place to place and swear that when things went wrong it was your fault for not warning them that they were headed in the wrong direction even if no one but they themselves knew where they were going.

So the questions are roiling around in my little head. What is the problem with the director's boss? Is everyone working to her expectations? Are her expectations too high? Is everyone doing their best?

Or is she a loon?

No comments:

Post a Comment